“Workshops for mums” are classes for women who want to develop their passions and interests, improve their communication skills, and also raise their work qualifications. Late morning meetings in pleasant atmosphere will be an opportunity to meet interesting experts, to exchange experience and to gain new skills.
In order to accommodate women who take care of children, we chose late morning hours during the week for our classes. During the classes, there will be a possibility of organising a corner for children, so that the mums could keep an eye on their kids, and, at the same time, participate in the workshops without stress.
The classes will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10.30 am until 2.00 pm in the multimedia room of the Jagiellonian University Polish Research Centre in London at the building of the Polish Cultural and Social Association (238-246 King Street, London W6 ORF).
The classes begin on Tuesday 12 November 2013 and end in March 2014.
Programme (the subjects of classes and their sequence may change):
- My expectations, my aims – coaching workshops
- Why is it worth commenting reality? Each of us has something to say
- Blogs? What is it? What is it for? For whom? How?
- How to create a blog – practical classes
- Photography – capture reality with what we have within hands’ reach
- Public speaking – how to talk so that people will listen
- They perceive you the way they see you – shaping one’s own image
- Social activity – a duty or a privilege. Why is it worth speaking up on public issues
- Career counseling – an enterprise school
- Effective communication in English
- Legal advice useful in daily life
The completed application form and CV should be sent to email@example.com or submitted at the office of the Jagiellonian University Polish Research Centre in London (in Ognisko Polskie) by 12 November 2013.
The cost of the workshop is PLN 2,000 (ca. GBP 390). The payments should be made out to individual account numbers which the participants receive after the application documents have been accepted. The payment can be divided into two installments by request.